Current:Home > reviewsEchoSense:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Infinite Profit Zone
EchoSense:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Will Sage Astor View
Date:2025-04-07 00:43:41
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,EchoSense which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (1697)
Related
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Hi Hi!
- Liverpool striker Luis Díaz and his father are reunited for the 1st time after kidnapping
- Union workers at General Motors appear to have voted down tentative contract deal
- Sammy Hagar tour: Van Halen songs on playlist for Michael Anthony, Joe Satriani, Jason Bonham
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- Mexican officials send conflicting messages over death of LGBTQ+ magistrate
- State-sponsored online spies likely to target Australian submarine program, spy agency says
- Repairs to arson damage on I-10 in Los Angeles will take weeks; Angelenos urged to 'work together' during commute disruption
- Mets have visions of grandeur, and a dynasty, with Juan Soto as major catalyst
- Gigi Hadid Sets the Record Straight on How She Feels About Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce's Romance
Ranking
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- German government grants Siemens Energy a loan guarantee to help secure the company
- Mistrial declared for Texas officer in fatal shooting of an unarmed man
- Taiwan’s opposition parties team up for January election
- Arkansas State Police probe death of woman found after officer
- Wisconsin Republicans pass $2B tax cut heading for a veto by Gov. Tony Evers
- Peter Seidler, Padres owner whose optimism fueled big-spending roster, dies at 63
- The UN Security Council is trying for a fifth time to adopt a resolution on the Israel-Hamas war
Recommendation
Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow owns a $3 million Batmobile Tumbler
'Low-down dirty shame': Officials exhume Mississippi man killed by police, family not allowed to see
Minibus taxi crashes head on with truck in Zimbabwe, leaving 22 dead
'The Crown' Season 6: Release date, cast, trailer, how to watch Part 1 of new season
Retirement planning: 3 crucial moves everyone should make before 2025
Jury finds Wisconsin woman guilty of poisoning friend with eye drops
EU moves closer to imposing a new set of sanctions on Russia for its war on Ukraine
Crumbling contender? Bills make drastic move with Ken Dorsey, but issues may prove insurmountable